Skilled Guidance In The Probate Process
Probate is a complex and unique area of law concerning the process of administering the estate of a deceased person, resolving all claims against that estate, and distributing the deceased person's property according to a will. It also addresses the estates of incapacitated people who, for various reasons, are no longer able to handle their own affairs.
For the past 25 years, StachlerHarmon Attorneys at Law has represented hundreds of local clients in the Dayton, Ohio, area in probate-related matters. We are committed to simply solving complex issues.
A Full Range of Probate & Estate Planning Services
Our attorneys can assist you with any probate or estate planning problem, including:
- Administration and settlement of decedents' estates
- Probate litigation involving will contests, wrongdoing by fiduciaries, or other disputes about estate issues
- Business ownership, succession, and management issues in probate
- Simple wills and wills with contingent trusts
- Trust administration, including traditional A/B style credit shelter trust planning and more advanced planning techniques such as charitable remainder trusts/unitrusts, sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts (IDGTs), grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), charitable lead unitrusts (CLUTs), qualified personal residence trusts and spendthrift trusts
- Intestate Administration (administering a person's estate if he or she dies without a valid will)
- Advance directives/living wills
- Appointments of guardians or conservators
- Exercising powers of attorney
- Exercising guardianship and conservatorship powers and other fiduciary responsibilities
- Administering guardianships and conservatorships
- Health care proxies
- Completing name changes
Of course, putting such arrangements in place is only half the story. Our law firm focuses much of its practice on resolving disputes when something goes wrong. This includes disputes among family members and other issues that can arise.
How Probate & Estate Planning Attorneys Can Help
A team of probate and estate planning attorneys can make the process feel less overwhelming. At StachlerHarmon Attorneys at Law, our team not only assists clients in creating solid estate plans; we provide advice and legal guidance to clients who are Executors,, Administrators, Trustees or potential beneficiaries of estates. We will also represent you at probate court or in probate-related negotiations, mediations, or arbitration. Further, our seasoned attorneys can advise you in matters related to the sale and distribution of estate property and the filing of estate-related taxes.
As your legal partners, we will collaborate with you to ensure the future of your or a loved one’s estate. If you live in Dayton, Ohio, or in the surrounding communities of Centerville, Springboro, Miamisburg, and Vandalia, contact StachlerHarmon Attorneys at Law today to get started.